Royals fever is starting up again and why not our Boys in Blue brought home the championship and we are looking forward to a great season!!
Our Kansas city Chiefs started their playoff season with a 30-0 win and the Royals played a wonderful season and ended as World Series Champions after 30 years, Sporting KC takes the World Cup, and and Northwest Missouri State won its fifth national title in football!!! this is just the beginning of what is happening with sports in KC!
Now Now lets not forget our Women and what they bring to sports in Kansas City- FC Kansas City won back-to-back National Women’s Soccer League crowns in the same year the U.S. won the Women’s World Cup,( they sent 4 of our players to the play in the World Cup) this is great for our midwest metro city!!
Here are the top 10 regional story-lines of 2015, as determined by members of The Star’s sports team. Thanks to the Star for putting this together for me in one place:
1. Royals beat Mets in five games to win first World Series championship in 30 years, attract an estimated 800,000 for victory parade through downtown(expected 200,000) -- talk about excitement this was the place to be! The city literally shut down!
2. Eric Berry’s fight back from a fall 2014 cancer diagnosis includes a full recovery and Pro Bowl nod in 2015--way to fight and win it
3. Chiefs win opener, lose five straight, then become first team in NFL history to win their next eight games and they continue on this well earned winning streak
4. Mizzou football players’ strike, Gary Pinkel’s resignation after disclosing he has cancer, promotion of Barry Odom to head coach
5. Kansas wins 11th straight Big 12 basketball title, then loses 78-65 to Wichita State in the NCAA Tournament
6. K-State coach Bill Snyder is inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame with a 187-94-1 record (not including 2015) in 23 seasons in Manhattan
7. Sporting Kansas City adds another title to its trophy case, winning the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup
8. FCKC wins its second straight National Women’s Soccer League title after sending four players to U.S. team that wins World Cup
9. Northwest Missouri State wins fifth national championship, beating Shepherd 34-7 in the Division II title game at Sporting Park
10. Kansas volleyball team enjoys best season in program history, advancing to Final Four before losing to Nebraska in NCAA semifinals
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/article51641255.html#storylink=cpy
What a year 2015 was for our athletes, the fans and our City and continues to be for our sporting teams! So if you love sports well we have got you covered and this is just the tip of what we have here in the metro KC.
Author:Sue H. Edwards Phone: 816-682-9269 Dated: March 6th 2016 Views: 1,192 About Sue: Sue specializes in both listing and selling with an array of Real Estate services and with the exper...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
R Associates of RE/MAX Elite Realtors is a highly motivated group of Kansas City Real Estate Professionals, employing a powerful and disciplined approach tailored to our clients real estate needs. We have the unique ability to combine a vast professional expertise, phenomenal marketing, lead management, and an unwavering commitment to customer service, with a combined total of more then 50 years of real estate experience.
We work beyond industry standards to get results and are passionate about innovative ideas that make a difference. The quest for excellence constantly challenges us to increase our level of knowledge and agent services. We believe in proactively responding to these challenges.
We are able to adapt to the diverse lifestyles, marketing cultures and strategies of our ever-changing market. Helping clients exceed their individual real estate goals is our number one priority.
Play Chess… Not CheckersCheckers is a simple game with a simple obje
"Sue H. Edwards is so down to earth and hilarious. I had THE best time house hunting with her. I wish I had her as an agent when I bought my first home because she is so good at what she does. Everyone was telling me to be careful buying a home because all the Realtor wants to do is make money. Ha! Not Sue. She genuinely wanted me to find to find a home that I loved and she did. I have had bad experiences with real estate agents in the past. They were either pushy or wouldn't give me the time of day because I wasn't spending $500k. Sue Edwards did such and awesome job getting me my new home that I have told a few of my friends to give her a call when they are ready to upgrade."